Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] LMA "Store"

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 11:54 -0500, John-Michael Mulesa wrote:
> Hey,
>
> You guys really did an excellent job on Rhythmbox 0.10, thanks a ton. I
> love the new Jamendo "store" with all its free music and easy ability to
> browse in rhythmbox, it's a perfect addition for rhythmbox. What I'm
> about to suggest may not be feasible due to legal issues, but can the
> same interface be created for the Live Music Archive at archive.org?
> Right now it's not too easy to navigate/preview music there, and if this
> could be incorporated into a future version of rhythmbox, it would be
> amazing.

I looked through the site, and although the site looks dead-set against
any sort of law-breaking, there seems to be no programmatic interface to
the data.

Feel free to contact archive.org about it, I'm sure that given decent
catalogue interfaces somebody would love to take a crack at it
(especially given that there's no need for credit card code ;).

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>