Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] .wav file importing problems

SF> I have a music library folder with many songs in it. When I told
SF> Rhythmbox which folder it is, and to "Watch for new songs," it
SF> automatically imported all those songs with correct artist and
SF> album names, except for .wav files. I have quite a few songs in
SF> the .wav format.

SF> At first I thought, "No big deal," but then when I went to change
SF> the artist/ album names manually I could not! Why?! What is the
SF> risk of allowing me to change the artist name, album title, genre,
SF> song title?!

SF> So, there are two problems. One, .wav files do not import
SF> correctly; and two, I cannot change song titles from Rhythmbox.

Whether or not tag writing works is dependent on:

1) what version of rhythmbox you are using (you need 0.9.6 or later)
2) on your gstreamer setup and whether it has the appropriate plugins.
3) what kinds of files you are trying to retag: tag writing currently
   only works for MP3 and OGG files.

See:  http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting for specifics of
the gstreamer plugins needed.

As for .wav files not being imported.  Can you actually see and play
the .wav files, is it just that you don't get any tags for them?

Alex