Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Tag writing, UTF-8/Latin1

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 19:30 -0300, Leonardo Fontenelle wrote:
> 2006/9/17, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com>:
> > ID3 tag editing (i.e. for MP3s) has been working fairly well for people
> > for a while. If you have gstreamer-plugins-good 0.10.3 or earlier, be
> > aware that using RB's tag-editing will lose any tags that GStreamer
> > doesn't know about, such as "composer" etc. That is fixed if you have
> > -good 0.10.4.
>
> Hm, Gentoo doesn't ship gst-plugins-good 0.10.4 yet. If I write the
> tags with RB, instead of writing with another application and further
> edditing with RB, then there should no problem, is that right?

If the tracks are untagged, or are just tagged with things that
GStreamer can handle, then it should be fine. The issue only affects
files that are already tagged, and include tag(s) that GStreamer can't
handle (like Composer).

If you have gst-plugins-good < 0.10.4 and a track that has a Composer
tag, what will happen is that if you edit the tags with RB, the Composer
tag will disappear.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
[Request for the names of the kings who became Nazgul]
Dashur, Daensir, Prantsur, Vicksinn, Comuet, Cupuid, Dondor, Blitsun,