Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rereading tag files

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 20:23 -0500, Scott Castaline wrote:
> I currently use Grip for ripping & encoding CDs, followed by using
> EasyTag to change the tag info to the way I want it, basically just
> cleaning up what is downloaded. And then of course RhythmBox to play
> back and maintain playlists. I will sometimes notice that some files
> tags will cause the song titles or album titles to be sorted wrong, so
> I'll go to change them in EasyTag. What I want to know is how do I get
> RhythmBox to display the changed info? I have not been able to figure
> out a way to get it to reread the files. What I have been doing is
> deleting the database file to force it to rescan.

As long as the file's modification time changed (which it should),
Rhythmbox should reload the metadata a few seconds later if "library
watching" is on, or the next time it is started if off.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"The Internet is the most powerful stupidity amplifier ever invented.
It's like television without the television part." -- James "Kibo" Parry