Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Source list layout

kris wrote:
I don't really know so much about gnome hig but the result doesn't seem
so bad...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kris_fn/276230665/

and this is the same but with a little bit of cairo gradient...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kris_fn/276230664/

Eeew.. If anyone does ever consider putting the second one in, I'd like an option to switch the gradient stuff *off*. I like the reformed sources list, and much prefer the first screenshot kris posted. We don't want to force the ugly (IMHO) brushed-metal look on all of rhythmbox's users. Allow it to be done via GTK themes, but otherwise it's probably a lot better to stick with reasonably standard widget designs. I know I chose my current themes for a reason, and I've never liked application designers overriding those choices.

Tom Parker