Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.9.6 "Live from the shores of lake Burley-Griffin"

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 07:10 +0200, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> My personal favorite new feature of this release is the improved
> plugins and the move towards using plugins for "exotic" features. E.g.
> CD burning.

The plan it to move things like DAAP, podcast and iradio support to
being plugins as well. If they have no configuration (like iradio) they
won't be visible as "plugins" to users, but are for reasons of code
separation and dependencies.

There are also some patches sitting in bugzilla for "integration
plugins", which also wouldn't be user visible, and handle the
integration with things like NetworkManager, Gnome Power Manager et al.

> I was hoping to see the Alarm Clock plugin with this release. Will it
> make for the next?

I haven't really played around with it yet. But if we got it polished
up, I can't see any reason why it couldn't be in there.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
He's dead Jim! You get his phaser, I got his wallet.