Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] it migth be beter whith that...

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:38:49 +0100, seb <sebastien serre33 laposte net>
wrote:

> when i take on internet  some images and  move them in the album
> "fichier" (maybe registry? i don't no in english. i m french...) they
> are not reading by rhytmbox (for the jacket look)

I know fichier as the word for file, but if i understand you correctly,
you have downloaded the image from the internet and placed it in the
folder, or directory, where youre music files reside. And now
you wonder why the album art is not showing. A couple of weeks ago, I
learned from this list, that the surest way to make rhythmbox read a
local file for album artwork is to place it in the same directory as
the audio file and name it e.g. 'cover.jpg' if it is a JPEG file. Some
permutations of file names exist, but this one definitely works for me.
If rhythmbox has downloaded a wrong image from amazon or something, you
have to delete the file it stored locally, e.g.
'~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie.jpg'
Ths tends to happen if different artists have albums with the same
title or an artist is not sold on amazon.

Hope this helped.

salut de berlin,
-karsten

--
J.S. Bach: Weihnachtsoratorium, BWV 248, I-III
Sa,  2. Dez 06 19:30 Nikolaikirche Prenzlau