Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Better support for USB audio players

On 11/6/06, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
Given that the .is_audio_player was meant as an ad-hoc method for
working around missing HAL info[0], it sounds find to me. Rhythmbox
currently ignores the contents of the file, so it won't break anything.

Are you thinking of just making the keys identical to the HAL ones? That
would be nice for merging info from it and HAL together, to people could
just add the extra keys HAL doesn't know about

Yes, definitely using the same keys/values as would be found in the
fdi file.  We are considering having a dialog where the user can enter
the information about their device and it will save it to
.is_audio_player -and- generate a patch for the fdi file that can be
sent in.

Thanks for the feedback,

Gabriel