Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Better support for USB audio players

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 22:19 -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> Since it can take quite a while for USB mass storage device audio
> players' information to get into HAL's 10-usb-music-players.fdi and
> released to the average user, we (Banshee devs) are talking about
> putting the same information in .is_audio_player as key=value pairs as
> a fallback solution.  Are the Rhythmbox developer's ok with that idea?

Given that the .is_audio_player was meant as an ad-hoc method for
working around missing HAL info[0], it sounds find to me. Rhythmbox
currently ignores the contents of the file, so it won't break anything.

Are you thinking of just making the keys identical to the HAL ones? That
would be nice for merging info from it and HAL together, to people could
just add the extra keys HAL doesn't know about

[0] Well, it wasn't actually meant for that originally. It was a hack so
I could use a random partition, as I don't have a audio player - but it
turned out to be useful.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the