Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Why I'll Probably Always Use amaroK

> > Aside from that, Rhythmbox is great. It's faster than anything and it
> > works really well. I think that with a bit of flashyness and without the
> > 14 mile track bar for where in the song you are, it would be absolutely
> > great. Good work, I hope that it'll keep it's good stuff while picking
> > up the other good stuff of other players.
>
> I agree that the track bar is a bit long.

Guys, I don't know if anyone's considering changing this, but can I put
in my vote to keep it as it is? I know it looks a bit clumsy, but I'm
among the number of people (I assume) who now listen to podcasts and
some audiobooks/mp3 lectures through rhythmbox - I'm frequently faced
with 1-2 *hour* mp3s, and the old track bar was a right pain as one
increment on it equated to skipping anything up to 10 minutes in a long
file! The full length one may not be slick but it's handy as hell to be
able to select precise points within a long file!

Mark Hewitt
I got a telescope on the peephole in my door.
Now I can see who's at the door for 200 miles.
Steven Wright