Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] dbus playlist change command?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:19:58AM +1200, George Jenkins wrote:
> James Cotton wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I was just wondering if there is a dbus command to go to the next or
> > previous source?  I glanced in rb-shell-player.xml and couldn't see it
> > but didn't know if there were more dbus commands.  If not does anyone
> > else think that would be useful?  I'm thinking specifically for lric
> > control.
> You could use:
> dbus-send --dest='org.gnome.Rhythmbox' /org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player
> org.gnome.Rhythmbox.Player.next

James was asking for a method to move between sources, not between
songs.  We don't currently have dbus methods to do that, but I think it
would be a good idea to add them.

> Another nice thought is a daemon written in Python (or something
> similar) that bridges lirc commands over onto the dbus bridged. This
> would replace the current lirc userspace stuff which I find to be horrible.

I believe someone has written such a daemon.  I don't know where to find
it, but assuming I'm not making this up, it is mentioned in the mailing list
archives somewhere.

I also put together a mostly-working lirc plugin for rhythmbox
yesterday, and I'll probably check it in once I figure out why it
ignores every second button press.