Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] dbus playlist change command?

James Cotton wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was just wondering if there is a dbus command to go to the next or
> previous source?  I glanced in rb-shell-player.xml and couldn't see it
> but didn't know if there were more dbus commands.  If not does anyone
> else think that would be useful?  I'm thinking specifically for lric
> control.
You could use:
dbus-send --dest='org.gnome.Rhythmbox' /org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player
org.gnome.Rhythmbox.Player.next

Another nice thought is a daemon written in Python (or something
similar) that bridges lirc commands over onto the dbus bridged. This
would replace the current lirc userspace stuff which I find to be horrible.

George.