Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Airtunes support

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 11:31 +0100, Brent Heyes wrote:
> Is there any visibility of either a gstreamer airtunes sink or even
> direct support for streaming to airtunes from Rhythmbox.

Sometime in the not-to-distant future Rhythmbox will support plugins
inserting things in/modifying the GStreamer pipeline. (We're still
sorting out how exactly it will work.)

When that arrives, it shouldn't be too difficult to write a plugin that
launches JustePort and uses a GStreamer "fdsink" element to send the
audio data directly to the program.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
In God we Trust. All others must submit an X.509 certificate.