Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox questions

Thank you James for answering.

James "Doc" Livingston skrev:
On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 13:29 +0200, Johan wrote:

I have not joined the mailing-list but I got some questions about
Rhythmbox that I would like to ask:

1. What is the Rhythmbox library folder for
(/home/johan/.rhythmboxbibliotek)? On my computer that folder is
empty.

I have no idea. The only folder Rhythmbox should create itself is
~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/ and a few things under that.

And in /home/johan/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers I can found the covers saved. Great!

2. Is there I way that Rhythmbox automatically can search for new
music files or do I need to add the folder manually now and then?

If you open the preferences window (Edit->Preferences) and go to the
Library tab, you can make it do that. Set the "Library location" option
to be the folder you want it to look for files in, and check the "Watch
for new files" option.

Ok, but this is not working for me. Please view attached screenshot. How can I found out what the problem is?

screenshot

3. Can Rhythmbox retrieve cover images locally?

0.9.5 can't, however current cvs (and so 0.9.6 when it's released) can.
It will search the directory the track is in for image files.

4. If so, can I turn of retrieving cover images from Amazon?

Not at the moment, but I've been meaning to add an option to do it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston

And here's one more question :-)

How does Rhythembox retrieve lyrics: folder, tag, online.. ?