Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: What makes Rhythmbox 0.9.3? =)

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 17:44 -0800, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> Also, it seems to me that DAAP stability is good enough to remove the
> "experimental" tag from the --enable-daap option.  I suspect this is
> what is preventing Red Hat from enabling DAAP by default in their
> builds of rhythmbox for Fedora, see and it would be great if the DAAP
> feature went into the rb that will be in FC5.

Now that we support gstreamer 0.10 and chunked encoding, most of the
problems seems to have been fixed. The only issue that I've seen is that
seeking doesn't happen instantly, because we don't do "real seeking -
which will be fixed when GStreamer gets the "seeking is expensive" flag
which has been discussed.

I think we could remove the "experimental" note and enable by default,
if everyone else is happy with it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Two bishops were discussing the decline in morals in the modern world.
"I didn't sleep with my wife before I was married," said one clergyman