Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] What makes Rhythmbox 0.9.3? =)

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 06:11 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> I can see at
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/weekly-bug-summary.html
>
> at lot of bug fixing have been going on in Rhythmbox, so I am
> wondering; What is required for the next tar ball of Rhythmbox? =)

The main reason for not releasing one yet, has been due to some
not-overly-nice bugs. Most of those have been fixed in cvs now, so it
really depends on whether we want to release as soon as possible, or fix
a couple of the others.

There are some more that it would would be good to fix (like tag-editing
and DAAP not working with gstreamer 0.10), but I don't know how long
those will take. Jonathan was working on DAAP for gst 0.10, but I
imagine it would be complicated and need testing.

What seems best to me, assume those kinds of things aren't going to get
fixed in the next few days, is to release 0.9.3 sooner rather than
later. We can do a 0.9.4 release shortly after, if they get implemented.

> www.rhythmbox.org is down btw. Is that on purphase?

The DNS records don't seem exist any more, so my guess would be that
whoever has it registered (Walters?) didn't renew it.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox/ should work.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.