Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] did playlist parsing change?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:12:31 +1100
James Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
> That would be my fault, that was a bug in cvs which is now fixed. The
> problem was that the library watching code wasn't canonicalising the
> URIs, which had been masked by a different bug I fixed.
>

> The following two commands should backup you database and then remove
> the extra entries.
>
> cp ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml ~/rhythmdb-backup.xml
> sed -e '/<location>.* /d' < ~/rhythmdb-backup.xml >
> ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml

Hmm, yeah I did notice that cvs fixed the double entry problem, but it
didn't automatically erase them from the database file. Your script did
fix it.

<offtopic>
I need to learn how to use sed and awk and stuff better than I do now.
That's a nice little one-liner. How exactly does it know which location
entries are the bad ones? Better yet, how does it work? :-)
</offtopic>

--John