Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] did playlist parsing change?

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 17:42 -0600, John Drouhard wrote:
> I noticed recently that I had two entries of almost everything in my
> playlist. I looked at the rhythmdb.xml file and realized that the new
> entries were using real spaces instead of the %20 string to show a
> space.
> The problem is, this change has caused two entries of everything, and
> there's no way to convert the old style to the new style without
> taking a lot of painstaking time, unless someone has written a nice
> script that could do it.

That would be my fault, that was a bug in cvs which is now fixed. The
problem was that the library watching code wasn't canonicalising the
URIs, which had been masked by a different bug I fixed.

The following two commands should backup you database and then remove
the extra entries.

cp ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml ~/rhythmdb-backup.xml
sed -e '/<location>.* /d' < ~/rhythmdb-backup.xml > ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml


James "Doc" Livingston
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]