Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Current issues?

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 22:19 +0100, Ernst Persson wrote:
> I remember something about a patch that said that switching playlists
> used to use one signal for every song, and it was much faster to take
> all songs with one signal.
> Should something similar be done for search, or other cases, perhaps?

That patch was to speed up resorting, when you clicked on a column
header. It's been committed to cvs.

There are a number of changes that /might/ speed up searching, however
some could also not do anything or make it slower. Before we go off to
improve things, we need to use a profiling tool (e.g. sysprof) to find
out what is actually slow. There is no point speeding up something that
makes negligible different.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Programmer [n]: One who has mastered the art of arranging complex
configuration files.