Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] 0.9.3.1 crash when loading music directories

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 19:37 -0700, Nathan wrote:
>       * When I tried to start it, I got a message saying it couldn't
>         find libdbus-1.so.1

This means that you have upgraded to dbus 0.6, and something that
Rhythmbox uses hasn't been recompiled. I've seen several of these
reports before, and it usually turnout out to gnome-vfs.

If you try to run "gnomevfs-ls" do you get the same error? If so, then
it is gnome-vfs thet needs rebuilding.

>       * I have libdbus-1.so.2 so I created a symlink for
>         libdbus-1.so.1, ended up doing the same thing for
>         libdbus-glib-1.so.1

The reason for chaning the library version number is that they are API
and ABI incompatible - you *need* to rebuild whatever it is that needs
rebuilding.

It is probably crashing when RB tried to use gnome-vfs for something
that needs to talk to it's daemon (which goes over dbus).

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I think I've finally worked out why the Irish drink Guinness. It's to
lubricate their throat so they can speak their own language. -- David P.