[Rhythmbox-devel] 0.9.3.1 crash when loading music directories

Hey all,
I just updated rhythmbox to 0.9.3.2 on a gentoo system (via portage) and I am having problems with it crashing when I try to re-load my music directory.  I had to jump through some hoops to get it to even compile, so if it helps, here is the series of events:

  • Updated all the dependencies to the latest versions.
  • Compiled rhythmbox.
  • When I tried to start it, I got a message saying it couldn't find libdbus-1.so.1
  • I have libdbus-1.so.2 so I created a symlink for libdbus-1.so.1, ended up doing the same thing for libdbus-glib-1.so.1
  • Rhythmbox starts now.
  • Selected my 'music' directory, which has about 100 sub-directories with all my music in it.  (about 8000 songs total)
  • When I tell it to load that folder, it gets through the first 300-400 songs, and then crashes.  The error on the terminal is:
(rhythmbox:18594): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Killed

Any ideas?

There were some other errors before this one as well, but this was the last one before it got killed.  I seem to remember I was having the dbus problem with 0.9.2 as well, but I just re-compiled it without dbus support, but it did the same 'crashing after 300 songs' thing, so I downgraded to 0.8.8 in hopes that the next version would fix this.

Thanks,
Nathan