Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] CPU pegged upon startup - 0.9.3

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:42:52AM -0600, Steve Fox wrote:
> I'm having a problem with Rhythmbox 0.9.3 on Fedora Core 4 where
> Rhythmbox simply pegs the CPU when I start it up until I force the
> window to close. If I delete my rhythmdb.xml I can start it up normally
> and re-add all my music to the library, but each time I restart
> Rhythmbox, I have the same problem all over. I've also tried disabling
> the library monitoring but that didn't change anything. My music
> collection is around 24G.
>
> Is anyone else seeing these lock-ups? This wasn't a problem with 0.9.2.

This probably means that rhythmbox is scanning your library for new
files on startup (which is separate from file monitoring), finding a
file not already in the library, and trying to import it.  Occasionally
we get hit by GStreamer problems that cause infinite loops, and it looks
like that might be the case here.

Can you try running rhythmbox -d to see if this is the case?  You'll
probably see a series of messages about 'executing
RHYTHMDB_ACTION_LOAD', the last of which will be the interesting one.