Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Playlist behaviour

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 14:08 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 12/22/06, Jarlath <jarlathreidy gmail com> wrote:
> > Thanks for a great application. I've moved from KDE to Gnome and like
> > this player a lot. I find Gnome to be a little less cluttered than KDE.
> > I understand this is in early development, but since the website has a
> > Feedback link, I do have a few suggestions:
> >
> > If I context-click on an artist, a menu should appear, allowing me to
> > transfer the album/artists songs to either the queue or my media device.
>
> Does drag-and-drop not work?
Drag-and-drop works, but I think mouse movement is an inferior way of
doing things. If a context menu was available, I could use the context
menu button available on most keyboards, or I could right click and use
the keyboard from there. Reaching for the mouse really is a last resort
for me as I find I could easily guide the song into the wrong list.

> > Is it possible to have the playlist not remove entries after being
> > played?
> >
> > Also, when I click somewhere further down the list, the chosen track
> > gets moved to the top of the list. This means that afterwards play
> > continues from the top of the list instead of where I wanted.
>
> Sounds like you're in the play queue, which is just a holding pen for
> songs you want to play next. So when you click one, it's the playing
> song so it goes to the top. Similarly, when a song's done, it's out of
> line. :)
>
> You can create a new playlist by dragging items to the sources list
> (or is that Banshee?), or by using the menubar. You can create smart
> playlists, which are dynamic based on criteria that you can set.
>
> Hope this helps!
> Andrew
Thanks for you help Andrew,
And happy Christmas,