Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] m4a files play but tags are unknown

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 08:44 -0500, John Russell wrote:
> that was it.  I did not have gst-plugins-bad installed.  I know have
> 0.10.3 installed and everything is cool.
>
> Does this mean that the ability to read m4a tags relies on an
> unmaintained plugin?  I thought that's what the bad package was for.
> So will m4a tag support eventually just go away? *shiver*  Thanks for
> the help.

Being in -bad doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad plugin, just that
it hasn't qualified for Good or Ugly. To get promoted it has to pass a
code review, be documented, and have unit tests.

Some of the plugins in -bad are very dodgy, but some just haven't got
the last bit of love to write documentation so they get promotion. I'm
not sure which category qtdemux falls into though.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities
in our air and water that are doing it. -- Vice President Dan Quayle