[Rhythmbox-devel] Can't play MP3

> > Wouldn't it be great if the Rhythmbox's error message would point
> the
> > user in the right direction and tell him/her what to do to make it
> work?
> >
> > What would be needed to make that happen?
>
> I guess that distros would need to patch RB to make it happen since
> they
> are the ones who know how to get certain plugins.
>
> Not sure that RB should be dealing with it directly because there are
> too many distros :)

Just so you know... They are working on doing this exact thing in Edgy
for Ubuntu. It may not make it into Edgy, but we are hoping it will.
Sorry, rather off topic, but because it came up....
https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/easy-codec-installation

Not sure that this is going to be a rhythmbox message per say, but maybe
if you suggest it on the bug they will try to add a RB message in.