Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Local devices should appear above networked ones

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 22:30 +0100, Tom Kirby wrote:
> I filed the bug, and I so agree that it should be fixed. If it isn't
> done by the time I'm finished with exams, I'll probably get around to
> learning the RB internals and fix it myself... if anyone would like to
> try in the meantime, that would be awesome, and they'd get a nice
> fuzzy feeling inside from knowing they made ppl like me happy. Cheers.

The hard bit is that there are four main source classes, and they each
have a different sorting order:

a) Permanent source (library, iradio, etc).
b) Playlists. User-sortable via drag-and-drop
c) Removable media. Probably sorted in order of addition.
d) Network sources. Probably alphabetical order.

The playlists are the really difficult bit, because of the drag-and-drop
re-ordering. Making that work at the same time as sorting other part of
the source list (well, tree), could be interesting.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
    -- Isaac Asimov