Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iPod, tag-writing, etc

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 18:16 -0400, Zach Tibbitts wrote:
> I'm using the latest CVS version of rhythmbox
> first, id like to day, great work on the iPod track writing, it works
> flawlessly for me (iPod Photo 4G)
> the only thing I'd like to see eventually, is a 'Sync with Library'
> option

> also, I enabled tag writing, and while it works fine for my mp3's, it
> does not for my aac files

Currently GStreamer only has tag re-writing support for ID3 tags (and
FLAC for GStreamer 0.8), once others get done it should be easy to add
support for them.

Bug 335635 has the start of some work for a Vorbis tagging element, and
the patch on bug 339878 to add vorbis-tagging support to RB works for
me. For FLAC tagging, someone need to port the "flactag" element to
GStreamer 0.10.

I'm not aware of any work being done toward tagging other formats, like
AAC; but if someone wanted to work on it, we'd be glad to add support
into RB for it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Networks are like sewers ... My job is to make sure your data goes away
when you flush, and to stop the rats climbing into your toilet through