[Rhythmbox-devel] Genre not getting updated

I just had a very strange interaction with rhymbox.  I eventually got
it to move, but maybe this description will help isolate a bug.

I changed the Genre tag for an album using Easytag.  Rhythmbox moved
all but one of the songs to the new genre automatically but one is
stuck with the original tag.

Easytag shows that the new genre is applied.  Viewing the file in a
text editor, I see GENRE=Acoustic (the new tag).  I've tried
restarting rhythmbox, importing the directory and song again.  The
song is still listed under Other (the original tag).

I removed the song from the Rhymbox database (right click->remove) and
tried to reimport it but it isn't added.  I just stopped the program
and restarted it from a command line to see if there were any errors
being printed and when the program reloaded, the song was found and
properly placed.

Let me know if you want the file or if there's anything else I can
elaborate on.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]