Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UI tweeks with mock up

Hi
First of all I want you to see this. http://abtei.republika.pl/newui.jpg

I've been following the thread concerning UI tweaks and I have to say that I don't agree with some of your conclusions.
Imagine that rhythmbox is a sheet of paper. Using rhythmbox is similar to reading a book or sth. The elements you use the most frequently should be put at the top and the ones you use less frequently at the bottom. That's why search entry box shouldn't be moved. The least frequently used functions (by this I mean play order) should be put at the bottom.

As to the dead space as you call it. It could be used for some source specific functions: with ipod it's disconnect I guess(I don't have ipod so I don't know), with iradio (and future support for shoutcast and similar) "refresh stations info button", for daap something else. The advantage of it would be that you wouldn't have to use menu to access the most frequently used functions.

As to search entry field I'm currently using the idea by Victor Kojouharov (epiphany search field). With a bit of tweaking it should be acceptedy by everyone I think.

And as far as Browser Views is concerned. It could behave in a manner similar to the one used in nautilus sidebar. To show/hide it the user would have to click on paned1(sorry if it's not called like this. I forgot what it's called in English). I haven't provided any image showing what rhythmbox would look like with browser views visible, but I hope that you have a rich imagination:) With a similar method it should be possible to hide sources list with just a one click on paned2 (sorry once again for my sclerosis).

I hope that you will find at least one of these ideas useful.

Best regards