Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] ipod source patch

Le lundi 19 septembre 2005 à 09:25 +0200, Christophe Fergeau a écrit :
> Le lundi 19 septembre 2005 à 12:52 +0900, pclouds a écrit :
> > Just curious,
> > What about libipoddevice that's been used by banshee? According to
> > README, it can provide basic metadata such as mount point, device
> > path, iPod model ... It might be a compliment to gtkpod :)
> >

> Last time I checked, it wasn't doing anything really interesting, iPod
> mount point detection is probably about 100 lines of code with support
> for hal 0.2/0.5 and proper fallback when hal isn't available, and
> libipoddevice iPod model detection wasn't really interesting... Maybe
> things have evolved since then, in which case it might be interesting to
> use.

Ok, I take that back, it's now doing exactly what I expected it to do
when I checked it out a while ago. It would totally rock if it knew how
to set the clock time on the iPod ;)
I might look at using it, though the iPod support would probably depend
on hal 0.5 being available, which might not be such a good idea.

Christophe