Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] drag n drop

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 22:20 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> Jens wrote:
> > is there already, or will there be, drag n drop support for dragging
> > folders onto RB from a filemanager?

Currently dropped folders aren't handled properly - it shouldn't be that
hard to fix, but there is a bit of work checking to make sure they are
handled properly everywhere.

> If I'm not mistaken, it's already possible to drag and drop files and
> folders to Rhythmbox, or more specifically to the Library button in
> the Source list.
>
> Maybe there needs to be a bigger dnd target as this one is not very
> easy to discover and a little hard to hit?

You should be able to drag things to the entry view (track listing);
although folders don't work properly, for the same reason as dragging
folders doesn't work in other places.

> > also if the folder is dropped on a playlist or in the
> > empty area of source the content of the folder would be put in the
> > existing playlist or form a new playlist.
>
> Sounds like a good idea to me, maybe you should file a wishlist bug?

You can already do this with files, but folders don't work due to the
above-mentioned bug.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Application encountered an error while failing. Error recovered
successfully, proceeding to fail"