Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] patch #5 (Was: Re: patch #4)

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 13:45 +0000, Gunnar Steinn Magnússon wrote:
> I'm having trouble using the patch on my Ubuntu Breezy installation.
> I'm using CVS HEAD from 2005-08-26 as never versions fail applying the patch.
> I installed howl0 and howl-dev and when I start rhythmbox I get:
> "Unable to browse for remote shares. Could not start browsing for
> music servers on your network..." and in the terminal I get
> [assert] error: 111 (Connection refused)
> [assert] where: "socket.c:, "sw_socket_tcp_connect", line: 720
>
> (rhythmbox:5470): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Error starting mDNS discovery
>
> (rhythmbox:5470): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to notify network of
> music sharing
> ----
>
> Am I supposed to configure howl in some way?

For howl you'll need the howl0 and howl-dev packages, and the
'mdnsresponder' package.  This will install a mdns daemon.  You can make
sure its started via  'ps uaxw | grep mdnsresponder'   If it isn't, try
'sudo /etc/init.d/mdnsresponder start'  After that, howl should work
fine.