Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Audio CD update

G'day again,

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 04:03 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> As usual I don't have an iPod, so any reports of whether it still works,
> or if I have broken it would be greatly appreciated. I still haven't
> looked at metadata lookup, but I can probably borrow a fair bit of code
> from SoundJuicer for that.

I've got another updated patch[0] which
 * has metadata lookup, via MusicBrainz
 * adds an "eject" menu item to the iPod source
 * fixes quite a few bugs (some of them crashers)

I don't actually know if the iPod eject menu item works (I don't have
one), but it's there so that someone can tell me whether it work or not.

The metadata lookup is done using almost verbatim copies of
SoundJuicer's MusicBrainz code; there are only two (fairly trivial)
differences from the originals, changes to make it compile without
wanting the rest of the SJ code.

[0] http://www.ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/rb-audiocd.patch.bz2

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
It does a decent job emulating MicroSoft Office. My copy stopped working
and needs to be reinstalled.