Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Initial rating of new songs

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 18:42 +0200, Nico Kaiser wrote:
> 2005/10/25, James Livingston <jrl ids org au>:
> > 2.5 should be saved in the database, and it is for me. When
> > autorating will still in, sometimes a song would be autorated down
> > to 2.49 which would gets displayed as 2.
>
> If I remember correctly, newly imported songs are displayed with 3
> stars (maybe 2.5 rounded up). If I restart Rhythmbox, they have 2
> stars and 2,0000 in the database. I'll re-check if this is correct,
> but I don't have a single song with 2,5 rating in my database (and I
> definitely did not rate each of them)...

Hmm... I'm not sure why that is happening.

> > There isn't a way to get a playlist which has only songs rated at 0
> > though (unless you manually edit playlists.xml). The way to do it
> > would be to add a new criteria "is not rated" as well as "equals",
> > "at least" and "at most".
>
> Playlist -> New Automatic Playlist -> select "Rating", select "is", no
> star is selected.
> To get a 0-star rating, click on the first star twice (the second time
> the first star will be disabled -> rating 0).

Huh, you learn something new every day. While that works, there should
probably be a more obvious way to do it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Two decades later, hacker Henry Spencer described the Perl scripting
language as a "Swiss-Army chainsaw", intending to convey his evaluation