Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Initial rating of new songs

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:37 +0200, Nico Kaiser wrote:

> Is "2.5" saved in the database? I think it's replaced by "2" after a
> restart but I may be wrong.

2.5 should be saved in the database, and it is for me. When autorating
will still in, sometimes a song would be autorated down to 2.49 which
would gets displayed as 2.

> With 0 as "unrated", even sorting/auto-playlists work:
> - "Rating is at most 3" displays 3*, 2*, 1* and unrated(0*) songs,
> which is ok in my opinion

There isn't a way to get a playlist which has only songs rated at 0
though (unless you manually edit playlists.xml). The way to do it would
be to add a new criteria "is not rated" as well as "equals", "at least"
and "at most".

> - It would be nice if no stars (small stars) would be shown if
> rating=0

That's what happens when the rating is actually 0, rather than 2.5. I've
got a small shell script that turn a rating of 2.5 into 0.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
The way NT mounts filesystems is something I'd expect to find in a
barnyard or on a stock-breeding farm. -- Mike Andrews