Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Playing iTunes songs

Peter -

I finally had a chance to do this and it worked great - I can now listen to my iTunes songs on Linux. Thanks again for your help.

Nathan

Peter Robinson wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm using FC3, but I'm not too familiar with any
of the administrative stuff. I've mostly used 'yum' when I want
something new, and I've tried this to get the newest gstreamer but still
no luck. Do you happen to know how to get these addons that you are
talking about and how to install them? I've not dealt with rpms much.
Thanks again.

Should be as simple as doing the following:

wget http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/3/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.fr.noarch.rpm
rpm -ivh freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.fr.noarch.rpm
yum install gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio

You can find the package list available at
http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/ there are a number of pre-built
packages to add extra functionality such as various audio/video codecs
etc. Work out the name of the binary package and do a 'yum install
package-name' and yum will pull in any extras that you need. Other
worth while packages are also gstreamer-plugins-extra-video,
gstreamer-plugins-extra-dvd and gstreamer-ffmpeg, yum will pull in any
other packages you may need.

Peter