Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: AudioCD patch

G'day everyone,

Attached is the latest iteration of the audio cd patch. Reports of
success or failure on any non-Linux systems are especially appreciated.

The patch also moved the nautilus-cd-burner dependency from optional to
mandatory. As we depend on a Gnome 2.10 desktop, that shouldn't cause
problems for anyone (hopefully).

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 11:16 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> Multiple CD drives work for me.  Am I supposed to see track durations,
> or is that only going to happen when musicbrainz support is added?

That's fixed now, you should get durations without musicbrainz.

> I had to comment out the drive door polling code to get it to build on
> my gnome 2.10 (debian unstable) system.  The drive door functions were
> added to nautilus-cd-burner in 2.11.3, and to install 2.11.4 or later on
> a gnome 2.10 system you need to build it without hal.  Could this be
> made conditional on the n-c-b version, or the OS, or something?

I've made it only use the drive-door functions when present, and also
added the "rescan removable media" menu item. This means that audio cds
can be detected by any of the following methods:

1) If you have a HAL-enabled gnome-vfs, they should appear as soon as
they are inserted, and disappear when ejected.

2) If you have n-c-b with the drive-door functions, RB will check the
door every few seconds. Closed->Open will cause the source to be
removed, and Open->Closed will cause RB to check for a new cd. This
obviously doesn't work on slot-loading drived.

3) The "Rescan Removable Media" menu item will rescan for media (not
just audio cds). Any media that is no longer present will have it's
source removed, and any new media will have a source added. Trying to
play from a source where the cd has been ejected will either a) close
the door and begin playing, or b) pop up a "playback error" message.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Prediction is difficult, especially of the future. - Niels Bohr