Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: AudioCD patch

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 11:16 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 12:51:21AM +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> > Can people with any of the following, who use CVS, please test this
> > patch and report if it works for them:
> > * non-Linux systems
> > * multiple CD drives, with audio CDs in more than one drive
>
> Multiple CD drives work for me.  Am I supposed to see track durations,
> or is that only going to happen when musicbrainz support is added?

Good, the uri munging it working correctly (as long as people don't have
a colon in the device path).

I had the durations half-working, but took the it out during a cleanup.
Since I had musicbrainz working, I didn't notice it was missing, and
obviously forgot to put it back in. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

> I had to comment out the drive door polling code to get it to build on
> my gnome 2.10 (debian unstable) system.  The drive door functions were
> added to nautilus-cd-burner in 2.11.3, and to install 2.11.4 or later on
> a gnome 2.10 system you need to build it without hal.  Could this be
> made conditional on the n-c-b version, or the OS, or something?

Ah, I must have mis-read the docs, and thought drive-door functions were
available in 2.10. Making it conditional on the n-c-b version shouldn't
be a problem.

So, do we want a "refresh cd drives" menu item? because it will be
needed on non-HAL systems with either Gnome 2.10, or no drive-door state
(e.g. slot-loading drives). I'm probably also going to need some error
checking in a few places, to detect when the cd has been ejected.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"I had my first real beer (real meaning not sneaking it, or the .5
crap), and amazingly enough, I wasn't immediately surrounded by girls in