Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problem with Large Playlist

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 14:14 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 19:08 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> >
> > It's fairly easy to see if a particular file is causing problems. Run
> > "rhythmbox -d" on the command-line, it will show the name of the files
> > it tries to import, and you can then file a nice bug about the file
> > crashing RB and Gstreamer, and include a portion of the file in the bug
> > for people to be able to reproduce and fix the problem.
>
> Is that output buffered?  I tried that once when i had some files that
> was causing RB to crash but it never stopped on the same file twice.
>
> I ended up building a linked copy of my mp3 tree:
>
> $ cp -al mp3s/ mp3s.bak
>
> and then pruning out everything that was not an mp3 or ogg file and that
> allowed me to complete my import.

Usually it's a .wmv or .mov file that is causing the problem, but
sometimes it's another kind of file. If you can figure out which one is
causing it, can you file a bug like Bastien suggested?

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. However, a large