Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problem with Large Playlist

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 19:11 +0100, Marco Meile wrote:

> Shaun wrote:
>
> > I have rougly 13gb of music. When i added it all to my libary and
> > play a few songs. However,.if close and reload media player. All my
> > songs are gone. What gives?
> >
> I know the problem too.
>
> if i add many mp3s and one of this is demaged then crashs my Rhythmbox.
> when i start the application over bash then i get a message, if i have
> the problem again i can post the message in the Tread.
>
> btw: i added me the this ml cause this problem :)
>
> if i can help ask me

It's fairly easy to see if a particular file is causing problems. Run
"rhythmbox -d" on the command-line, it will show the name of the files
it tries to import, and you can then file a nice bug about the file
crashing RB and Gstreamer, and include a portion of the file in the bug
for people to be able to reproduce and fix the problem.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I actually thought that was an appropriate death for Captain Kirk.
Although 'falling off a bridge' isn't really an appropriate description
of what happened to him. -- Patrick Stewart