Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] a new design mockup for the RB homepage

Hi

There are several reasons for fixed designs.. and apart from all the
design reasons ( its just easier to create a nice looking fixed design )

There is one really good usability reason

If you have more than 60 letters on one line it gets very difficult for
the average human to find the next line with his eyes.. and that really
is a killer argument in my taste.

I have often seen ppl decreasing the browser window size to be able to
read text on a full scale webpage easier..... ( thats one of the reasons
most blogs have a fixed layout.. )

Greetings
Waldgeist