Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature Suggestions

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 22:38 +1100, Joel Plane wrote:
> Suggested Features:
> + Ability to physically arrange files like iTunes does

Currently Rhythmbox doesn't have any concept of where files "belong", so
this couldn't be done. The "Watched Library" patch start to add some of
this, and I'll need to do more for CD ripping support. Once we have
those in place, this shouldn't be too hard to do.

> + Right click on artist name to change it for every file with that
> artist name - For example, I may have two artists, Silverchair and
> SilverChair. I'd like to be able to rename one set so that all
> silverchair songs are in the same artist group. (forgive my dodgy
> terminology)

Someone has suggested this before, and I've always though it would be
useful. The biggest issue has been the lack of working tag-writing
support. Currently FLAC and ID3 tag writing are working reasonable well,
but vorbis tags can't be edited yet - so we could probably now take a
look at doing this.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any Use of This Product, in Any Manner
Whatsoever, Will Increase the Amount of Disorder in the Universe.