Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] tray icon rework patch

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 03:56 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On 11/16/05, James Livingston <jrl ids org au> wrote:
> > I'm sure there will be some people that aren't happy, but I've just
> > switched the close button back to quitting Rhythmbox, for the reasons
> > discussed in the thread. As mentioned you can still minimise-to-tray by
> > clicking on the tray icon, using File->Close, or typing Control-W.
> >
> > It might return later in some form, but not as-is with no way to turn it
> > off, short of removing your Notification Area. Hopefully we'll get this
> > and several other tray-related things sorted out for 0.9.3
>
> Turn what off? Rhythmbox or the icon? I seem to remember that Ctrl+Q
> does so (quit RB) or maybe I just missed the whole point.

Having the close button minimise-to-tray, rather than quitting. With
that turned on, you HAVE to go through menus to quit using the mouse;
with it turned off you can still minimise-to-tray by clicking the tray
icon, which is as easy to click as the close button.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I for one, do not like to damage my precious equipment, especially when
it involves repeatedly hitting it with a computer