Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] tray icon rework patch

I missed this bit out of my other response.

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 20:18 +0100, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> I'd like to compare the way this works with Gossip, which I also use a
> lot and aims to grow into a (IM) service as well.  Gossip is recallable
> with one click on the tray icon, and I can dismiss it with a single
> Escape press or click on the tray icon.  The X button is still Close
> which is fine with me because that always has been Close.  Since there
> is a keyboard way (Esc) and mouse way (trayicon click) I do not need
> Close to minimize at all.  I'd prefer the 3 title-bar-buttons to keep
> doing as they always have done, but still have an easy way to recall and
> hide RB by keyboard and by mouse.

Currently you can make Rhythmbox minimise-to-tray by:
a) clicking on the tray icon (or using Hide Window in the context menu)
b) typing Ctrl-W when it is the focused window (File->Close)

and can minimise it normally with the minimise button. Given that there
are easy ways to minimise it with both the keyboard and mouse, I don't
think we need to add another way at the expense of removing the easy way
to quit. Given the number of people opposed to making the close button
minimise and the other ways of doing it, I think it would be better to
change it back.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care -- Office Space