Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Search vs. Browse

On 06/11/05, James Livingston <jrl ids org au> wrote:
> It would be preferable to find a way of making it more obvious that the
> results are being filtered by the search box, so we don't have to take
> out the ability to use both at once. Whether there is a good way to make
> it more obvious, I'm not sure.

for one it would have been nice if the artists / albums "emptied" by
filtering would disappear, so that if I enter "klezmer" in a search
entry I'd endup with klezmer artists and klezmer albums in the artists
and albums lists.

> Having the browsers reset when you start typing into the search box may
> also be confusing to users, because typing in an entry usually doesn't
> cause other widgets to change state.

That's the UI design flaw then. If to initiate search user was
required to do something implying browser reset - like press a button
or switch a tab there would be no problem. I'm not sure how could it
be done better though.