Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rework of column resizing

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 14:59 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:11:06AM +0200, Oliver Lemke wrote:
> > I'm curious, what is your approach? Did you replace the treeview widget
> > with your own one? I just hacked the existing
> > gtk_tree_view_size_allocate_columns function to make it suck less. But
> > maybe this will turn out to have unforeseen side effects. We'll see. ;-)
>
> My approach was to throw away the existing
> gtk_tree_view_size_allocate_columns and reimplement it based on code
> from e-table-header.c.  The differences between ETable and GtkTreeView
> are pretty significant, so it was probably doomed anyway.

My first try was to dig through the evolution/gal code with a similar
outcome...

> I'm trying yours at the moment (not that it's tonight yet; I'm just
> bored), and, well, it actually works; mine isn't even close.  Once you
> get the problems with adding/removing columns sorted out, it'll be a
> huge improvement over the current code.

The adding/removing stuff should more or less work now.

> > >  Maybe getting history working in the queue..
> >
> > Just to make sure that we're not "wasting" our time on the same stuff
> > again: Next point on my list is getting the artist displayed below the
> > album names in the browser.....
>
> OK.  Aside from queue history, I'm probably going to look at the iradio
> entry view/browser, which has some weird problems.  There are some other
> iradio bits and pieces too, but I forget what they are right now.

Oh, speaking of iradio: I had to skip patches 16,17,21 from your bugs
branch due to significant implementation changes in the playbin branch.
Maybe you can also have a look how to set the name/genre from the stream
data if you have time. :-)

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558