Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play Queue Bounty

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 12:58 -0500, Christopher Ness wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-21-03 at 01:44 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> > This could be added after the main play-queue bit is done, but I think
> > that showing the last N (~3) song played and the current one in the list
> > is a good idea. I'd use this because after listening to a good song, I
> > suddenly think "Which song was that? I should rate it up" and have to
> > stop the next song, and press previous to find out. Getting your parts
> > implemented first is more important though.
>
> Um... couldn't you just open up the "Library" and sort your tracks by
> the "Last Played" column?
>
> I just did it, and the sort takes quite a while with only 4GB of songs.
> That and the listing is not updated "on the fly" when a new song
> completes but that's how I figure out what played in the last N songs.

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about the Last Played column
(and the Play Count one too). When I first used Rhythmbox I had a small
monitor, and hide those columns to give me more space for titles and the
like; I got into the habit of not having them.

I was actually thinking that if you're going to have space to list
future tracks, listing the past couple (I think some earlier discussion
talked about making them gray, or somehow distinctive) wouldn't go out
of the way.

I'm going to have to remember about the Last Played column for next time
I try to figure out what the last song was.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.    -- Niels Bohr