Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rythmdb question?

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 18:43 -0500, Thomas Sibley wrote:

> I was under the impression that PHP embedded a copy of SQLite in it's
> interpreter that you could use natively.  I'm positive Python has SQLite
> bindings.  I know Perl does.  I don't see how MySQL has any more support
> other than apps locked into it.  How is SQLite reinventing the wheel?
>
> In any case, a move to a SQL database should be a move to any SQL
> database; RB (or any app), shouldn't tie you down to the developer's
> choice of DB engines.

    I wasn't aware of the growth of it's tools; I suppose there's no
reason not to...it's not like triggers and rollbacks are something this
particular project's gonna ever need.  I just dread learning all the
particulars of yet another package.  Oh, well.

    So PHP has an embedded SQLite, aye?  Sweet...

--
Those who entrust life and limb to Microsoft deserve neither. -Me, 2005
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad