Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Inconsistent and unnecessary rounding of ratings

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 18:56 -0600, Paul Kuliniewicz wrote:

> >     I like the idea...a lot!
>
> Changing the way ratings are presented in the Bonobo bindings, of
> course, has no effect on how ratings are presented to the user.  The
> change I propose just makes it possible for other programs to get
> accurate ratings information.  Exposing a more finely-grained rating to
> the user is a separate issue.

    Well, sure; I don't think anyone's suggesting we create a set of
graphic stars with gnuplot and save it; I think everyone's agreed that
keeping the numeric value in the 'database' is the way to go, then
selecting an output format at the end of the process.  I suppose it's
just a UI thing, really, but I have no idea whether it's a bonobo thing
or not...

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller