Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Inconsistent and unnecessary rounding of ratings

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 17:35 -0600, Paul Kuliniewicz wrote:
[snipped]
> But more importantly, why is it necessary to round off ratings in the
> Bonobo interface anyway?  It should be the client's responsibility to
> decide whether it wants to see the true rating or a user-friendlier
> version of it; if it wants the latter, it can round the value itself.
> It should be a simple matter of changing "long" to "float" in a few
> places in Rhythmbox.idl (and the corresponding spots in the code).  I
> can't think of a good reason offhand why this shouldn't be done.
>
> If this sounds like a good idea, I'll gladly make a patch to implement
> this.  Any comments?

    I'm a big fan of seeing the numbers; the 1-5 rating system is waaay
to vague for me.  I just have no use for it; a single star is 20%, FCOL.
I would support a measure to have them removed, but I think some people
would see the current system as 'friendly' until they got serious about
it.

    I like the idea...a lot!

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller